At Toddle, we are on a mission to help schools around the world deliver better learning. We are a team of 2x founders – before founding Toddle, we set up a network of preschools and schools in India. We continue to operate these preschools and schools as it gives us a unique vantage point into the challenges faced by schools.
Our belief is that real impact in education can only be achieved by improving schools. That’s because children spend more than 80% of their learning time in school and schools are here to stay as schools are not just about teaching & learning, they also play a pivotal social role in our lives. So while most Edtech companies are trying to solve for education by working outside the school system, we think that the focus needs to be on taking our schools to the next level.
Our first product is a collaboration platform for teaching teams – we say that Toddle is to teaching, what Figma is to design. In its current version, Toddle empowers teachers to work together and better across all stages of the teaching-learning process – right from curriculum planning and assessments to progress-tracking and family communication.
Here are some key facts about us:
- Currently used by 1,000+ schools and 40,000+ teachers from 100+ countries
- Global revenue – 40% from Americas, 30% from EMEA, 30% from APAC
- NRR > 115%
- NPS > 70
- Annual churn < 5%
- Inbound led GTM motion fuelled by positive word of mouth
We love solving for
- Creating delightful experiences that help teaching teams collaborate better & be more effective
- Building tools that help teachers personalise learning for their students
- Helping teachers around the world connect with each other meaningfully
We are at a series A stage right now, growing fast in the SAAS Ed-tech space, and have been funded by Sequoia, Matrix, Beenext, and Better Capital among others.
Here’s what you will be doing
We have a very strong product-market fit (98% annual logo retention) and are starting out on our 10 – 100 journey. We are looking to scale the sales function to accelerate this journey for us.
In this role, you will be owning revenue and leading the entire sales team to deliver against the revenue targets. It is a global role – Toddle’s revenue comes from 70+ countries. You will be reporting to the COO and will work closely with the marketing, content, product and design teams.
Your key responsibilities will include:
Revenue is the north star metric for the organisation – and you will be owning that. Working very closely with the marketing team, you will lead all revenue efforts. You will define and implement the strategy for getting to the revenue goals across product verticals and geographies.
Setting up and driving sales processes
Scaling an organisation means ever evolving systems and processes. You will be expected to set up and implement sales processes for scaling up predictably.
Scaling the outbound function
Historically, we have largely been inbound-driven (90% of the leads were inbound). However, we have been making conscious efforts to drive outbound sales and as on date, the inbound to outbound ratio is 70:30. You will be scaling the outbound function further to further add velocity and predictability to the sales funnel.
Identifying and unlocking new sales-led channels
You will expected to contribute to lead generation by identifying and setting up new sales-led channels.
Setting up revenue ops and sales enablement functions to drive sales efficiencies
We currently operate at about 40% demo to conversion rate, but, strongly believe that there is a lot of potential to unlock here (one of our AEs consistently delivers above 60% conversions). You will be setting up a revenue ops and sales enablement function to drive higher conversions across the funnel.
Is this someone that looks like you?
- A hands-on sales leader with experience working in a 10-100 startup
- 7-12 years of B2B SaaS sales experience and having done sales leadership roles
- Have a very strong grounding in sales operations
- Have experience leading outbound and inbound sales teams
- Have very strong communication skills (verbal and writing)
- We deeply value building the right culture at Toddle, and these are a few things that we look for in each hire – Coach-ability, Curiosity, Ownership, Hustle and Humility
Excited about the role?
Here are some more benefits:
- Flexibility at work
- Work from anywhere – home, co-working space, cafe or even the hills
- Block “no-meeting hours” to enable uninterrupted focused work
- Exposure to diverse learning opportunities
- Work across different projects & teams to develop skills outside of your core expertise
- Access to a small budget towards learning (e.g. books, online courses, substacks)
- Industry best leave policy
We trust you fully on your commitment to our mission and your judgement on planning your time and taking leaves:
- No cap on the number of sick or casual leaves
- Special paid leaves for childbirth, wedding etc.
- And if in any circumstance you feel burnt out – there is a little something for this too!
- No bell curve performance evaluations
We put in a lot of work to hire the best, and therefore we don’t expect anyone to deliver less than the best!
- And yes, a super fun and diverse group of folks to collaborate and grow with
Still with us? Here’s the process:
• Complete this form
• We’ll check out your application and assess it for a fit
• You will hear back from us within two days of the submission
- Once shortlisted, we usually do about 2-3 rounds of interviews, a written assignment, and deep reference checks
- We value everyone’s time, and hence we make it a point to communicate proactively at all stages of your application. You can always reach out to us for any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.