At Toddle, we are on a mission to help schools around the world deliver better learning. We are a team of 2x founders – before founding Toddle, we set up a network of preschools and schools in India. We continue to operate these preschools and schools as it gives us a unique vantage point into the challenges faced by schools.
Our belief is that real impact in education can only be achieved by improving schools. That’s because children spend more than 80% of their learning time in school and schools are here to stay as schools are not just about teaching & learning, they also play a pivotal social role in our lives. So while most Edtech companies are trying to solve for education by working outside the school system, we think that the focus needs to be on taking our schools to the next level.
Our first product is a collaboration platform for teaching teams – we say that Toddle is to teaching, what Figma is to design. In its current version, Toddle empowers teachers to work together and better across all stages of the teaching-learning process – right from curriculum planning and assessments to progress-tracking and family communication.
Here are some key facts about us:
- Currently used by 1,000+ schools and 40,000+ teachers from 100+ countries
- Global revenue – 40% from Americas, 30% from EMEA, 30% from APAC
- NRR > 115%
- NPS > 70
- Annual churn < 5%
- Inbound led GTM motion fuelled by positive word of mouth
Here’s what we love solving for
- Creating delightful experiences that help teaching teams collaborate better & be more effective
- Building tools that help teachers personalise learning for their students
- Helping teachers around the world connect with each other meaningfully
We are at a pre-series A stage right now, growing fast in the SAAS Ed-tech space, and have been funded by Matrix, Beenext, and Better Capital among others.
About the Role
“Good design is as little design as Possible” – Dieter Rams
Design is one of Toddle’s core competencies and as a designer on the team, you’ll lead the way. Our designers are makers and storytellers. They envision how people experience our products and bring that vision to life in a way that feels inspired, refined and even magical.
The ideal person:
- Has an interest in designing for education and knows the difference between “good” and “great” and is able to work through team dynamics and timelines to deliver excellent design
- Is obsessed with breaking new creative ground through crafting the best ideas in design
- Is optimistic and open to new ideas and ways of working
- Has a diverse portfolio that shows good aesthetic judgment and attention to detail
Is this someone that looks like you?
- 1-2 years of experience in designing for web and mobile
- Formal design training with an incredible eye for detail and obsessive appreciation for typography, design and layout
- Strong design sensibilities (visual and interaction)
- Adept at using the Adobe Creative Suite, Figma, Sketch or similar design tools
- Good organisational, collaboration, and communication skills
Within the first 3 months, you will
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of Toddle’s design system, principles, and culture
- Contribute to the design system by creating new components and patterns, and updating existing ones to meet evolving needs
- Attend design and product meetings to understand design priorities and user needs, and participate in user research and testing to gather insights and inform your design decisions
- Work closely with the design team to maintain a consistent design language and process
Within six months you will
- Lead design workshops and presentations to educate cross-functional teams on design system best practices, and drive adoption of the design system
- Take ownership of design projects and ensure they are delivered on-time and to the highest standards
- Continuously evaluate and improve the design system to meet the evolving needs of the company and its users
- Collaborate with product designers to ensure design solutions are scalable and cohesive across all products
- Mentor fellow designers, sharing your expertise and helping them to develop their skills
Within twelve months you will
- Play a key role in shaping Toddle’s design culture, leading by example and inspiring others
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of design systems and be recognised as a subject matter expert within the company
- Continuously evaluate and improve the design system to meet the evolving needs of Toddle and its users
- Drive design excellence, maintaining the highest standards of design quality and user experience
Excited about the role?
Here are some more benefits:
- Flexibility at work
- Work from anywhere – home, co-working space, cafe or even the hills
- Block “no-meeting hours” to enable uninterrupted focused work
- Exposure to diverse learning opportunities
- Work across different projects & teams to develop skills outside of your core expertise
- Access to a small budget towards learning (e.g. books, online courses, substacks)
- Industry best leave policy
We trust you fully on your commitment to our mission and your judgement on planning your time and taking leaves:
- No cap on the number of sick or casual leaves
- Special paid leaves for childbirth, wedding etc.
- And if in any circumstance you feel burnt out – there is a little something for this too!
- No bell curve performance evaluations
We put in a lot of work to hire the best, and therefore we don’t expect anyone to deliver less than the best!
- And yes, a super fun and diverse group of folks to collaborate and grow with
Still with us? Here’s the process:
- Complete the form on this page
- We’ll check out your application and assess it for a fit
- You will hear back from us within 2-3 days of the submission if shortlisted
- Once shortlisted, we usually do about 2-3 rounds of interviews, a written assignment, and deep reference checks
- We value everyone’s time hence we make it a point to communicate proactively at all stages of your application. You can always reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions