At Toddle, we help teachers do better what they do best – teach!
We do this by creating intuitive technology tools that empower teachers across all stages of teaching and learning. Our mission is to amplify teaching for 60 million K-12 educators globally and support them in delivering meaningful and personalised learning experiences.
Here are some key facts about us:
- Currently used by 1,200+ schools and 30,000+ teachers from 120 countries
- Net Revenue Retention >110%
- NPS > 70
- 100% product led growth fuelled by positive word of mouth
We are a diverse group of people (educators, engineers, designers) who have been fortunate to study at some of the best colleges – Stanford, Harvard, Brown, IITs. We have experience of working in companies such as McKinsey, Unilever, Sprinklr, Zomato, Bridge International Academies, and Teach for India. We also own and operate a network of progressive schools (www.todden.com); this gives us the opportunity to work in a tight loop with teachers and incorporate their feedback into the products and services we build. We are backed by leading VCs and Angel Investors.
Here’s what we love solving for
- Creating delightful experiences that help teaching teams collaborate better
& be more effective
- Building tools that help teachers personalise learning for their students
- Helping teachers around the world connect with each other meaningfully
We are at a pre-series A stage right now, growing fast in the SAAS Ed-tech space, and have been funded by Matrix, Beenext, and Better Capital among others.
Here’s what you’ll be doing
Design is one of Toddle’s core competencies and as a designer on the team, our designers are makers and storytellers. They envision how people experience our products and bring that vision to life in a way that feels inspired, refined and even magical.
We are looking for a dynamic marketing designer to be responsible for designing lovable and delightful creatives that align with Toddle. The responsibilities of a marketing media designer includes working with the marketing content & strategy team to bring relevant, contextual ideas to live by designing high-quality graphic content.
As a Marketing Media Designer, you should be exceptionally creative and motivated, and possess solid extensive marketing knowledge and comprehension of social media trends. You need to have great communication and organisational skills, and be able to both come to decisions independently and work in a team environment.
The ideal person:
- Has an interest in designing for education and knows the difference between “good” and “great” and is able to work through team dynamics and timelines to deliver excellent design
- Is obsessed with breaking new creative ground through crafting the best ideas in design
- Is optimistic and open to new ideas and ways of working
- Exceptional creative skills and ability to create unique content
- Has a diverse portfolio that shows good aesthetic judgment and attention to detail
Is this someone that looks like you?
- 3+ years of experience in designing for brands, digital products and services
- Formal design training with an incredible eye for detail and obsessive appreciation for typography, design and layout
- Be up to date with current marketing trends to be able to create adequate visual content
- Demonstrated mastery of the Adobe Creative Suite, adept at Figma
- Comprehensive understanding of marketing practices
- Good organisational, collaboration, and communication skills
- Excellent organisational, collaboration, and communication skills
- We deeply value building the right culture at Toddle, and these are a few things that we look for in each hire – coach-ability, curiosity, ownership and hustle
- High sense of accountability & ownership
- Strong team player and someone who derives great joy from efficient teamwork
- Humility, diligence and a willingness to learn new things – A Lifelong Learner
In the first few weeks, you will
- Understand Toddle’s vision and brand identity
- Get a good end-to-end understanding of our creative development process, design language and design system
- Translate business and technical requirements into designs that are visually enticing and emotionally engaging
- Produce creative assets including templates, layouts, etc., for marketing activities across multiple social media channels.
- Participate in design reviews and give feedback on other team members work in progress
Within three months you will
- Designing and implementing high-quality graphic content for different social media channels (https://www.instagram.com/toddleapp/)
- Ensure that all the marketing materials have a consistent design and message – to boost the brand image, loyalty, and recognition.
- Develop creative ideas and concepts, choosing the appropriate media and style to meet the business objectives within the constraints of cost and time
- Ensure that all the graphic elements that they create are presented on different devices flawlessly.
Within twelve months you will
- Be a tireless innovator with a pulse on the constantly changing design trends. You will help your team anticipate and adjust to new challenges and ensure constant innovation within.
- Develop fresh concepts based on company goals and current social media trends in the space of education and technology
- Measure key performance indicators and provide suggestions on what can be improved
- Develop your own toolbox of processes and techniques to identify problems and generate creative solutions.
Excited about the role?
Here are some more benefits:
- Flexibility at work
- Work from anywhere – home, co-working space, cafe or even the hills
- Block “no-meeting hours” to enable uninterrupted focused work
- Saturdays are flexible non-working days – dedicate these as you like
- Exposure to diverse learning opportunities
- Work across different projects & teams to develop skills outside of your core expertise
- Access to a small budget towards learning (e.g. books, online courses, substacks)
- Industry best leave policy
We trust you fully on your commitment to our mission and your judgement on planning your time and taking leaves:
- No cap on the number of sick or casual leaves
- Special paid leaves for childbirth, wedding etc.
- And if in any circumstance you feel burnt out – there is a little something for this too!
- No bell curve performance evaluations
We put in a lot of work to hire the best, and therefore we don’t expect anyone to deliver less than the best!
- And yes, a super fun and diverse group of folks to collaborate and grow with
Still with us? Here’s the process:
- Complete the form on this page
- We’ll check out your application and assess it for a fit
- You will hear back from us within 2-3 days of the submission if shortlisted
- Once shortlisted, we usually do about 2-3 rounds of interviews, a written assignment, and deep reference checks
- We value everyone’s time hence we make it a point to communicate proactively at all stages of your application. You can always reach out to email@example.com for any questions