At Toddle, we are on a mission to help schools around the world deliver better learning. We are a team of 2x founders – before founding Toddle, we set up a network of preschools and schools in India. We continue to operate these preschools and schools as it gives us a unique vantage point into the challenges faced by schools.
Our belief is that real impact in education can only be achieved by improving schools. That’s because children spend more than 80% of their learning time in school and schools are here to stay as schools are not just about teaching & learning, they also play a pivotal social role in our lives. So while most Edtech companies are trying to solve for education by working outside the school system, we think that the focus needs to be on taking our schools to the next level.
Our first product is a collaboration platform for teaching teams – we say that Toddle is to teaching, what Figma is to design. In its current version, Toddle empowers teachers to work together and better across all stages of the teaching-learning process – right from curriculum planning and assessments to progress-tracking and family communication.
Here are some key facts about us:
- Currently used by 1,000+ schools and 40,000+ teachers from 100+ countries
- Global revenue – 40% from Americas, 30% from EMEA, 30% from APAC
- NRR > 115%
- NPS > 70
- Annual churn < 5%
- Inbound led GTM motion fuelled by positive word of mouth
We love solving for
- Creating delightful experiences that help teaching teams collaborate better & be more effective
- Building tools that help teachers personalise learning for their students
- Helping teachers around the world connect with each other meaningfully
We are at a series A stage right now, growing fast in the SAAS Ed-tech space, and have been funded by Sequoia, Matrix, Beenext, and Better Capital among other
Here’s what you’ll be doing
We are looking for a dedicated and experienced Australian educator to join our team in the role of Learning and Engagement Lead. In this role, you will spearhead the design and creation of high quality, meaningful content and professional development events. You’ll play a pivotal role in determining how we engage the community of educators and school leaders in Australia.
- Creating a content & events strategy for Toddle that caters to the needs and challenges of Australian educators and school leaders.
- Determining the requirements of educators and school leaders across Australia by conducting surveys, focus group discussions, and interviews.
- Structuring and executing inspiring professional development opportunities that enhance educators’ understanding and provide them with actionable tools to take back to their environments.
- Collaborating with the sales, design, marketing, and product teams to ensure that the content roadmap is aligned to big picture goals and vision.
- Building deep relationships with thought leaders in Australia and learning from them.
- Research and maintain knowledge of Australian curriculums and their developments
- Coordinating with and providing feedback to freelance contributors and curriculum consultants to ensure that we continue to create high-quality resources
Is this someone that looks like you?
- 5+ years of experience as an Australian educator (leadership experience preferred)
- Strong understanding of the Australian educational landscape including awareness of relevant curriculum and pedagogy frameworks (such as the Australian Curriculum, state Yr 11 and 12 certificate programs, UDL, inquiry-based and project-based learning, student wellbeing, etc
- Skilled in cultivating vast networks and communities
- Past experiences with events & conferences is a plus
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to give direct, empathetic feedback
- Humility and willingness to learn new things – a lifelong learner
Excited about the role?
Here are a few more benefits:
- Flexibility at work
- Work from anywhere – home, co-working space, cafe or even the hills
- Block “no-meeting hours” to enable uninterrupted focused work
- Exposure to diverse learning opportunities
- Work across different projects & teams to develop skills outside of your core expertise
- Access to a small budget towards learning (e.g. books, online courses, substacks)
- Industry best leave policy
We trust you fully on your commitment to our mission and your judgement on planning your time and taking leaves:
- No cap on the number of sick or casual leaves
- Special paid leaves for childbirth, wedding etc.
- And if in any circumstance you feel burnt out – there is a little something for this too!
- No bell curve performance evaluations
We put in a lot of work to hire the best, and therefore we don’t expect anyone to deliver less than the best!
- And yes, a super fun and diverse group of folks to collaborate and grow with
Still with us? Here’s the process:
- Complete the form on this page
- We’ll check out your application and assess it for a fit
- You will hear back from us within 2-3 days of the submission if shortlisted
- Once shortlisted, we usually do about 2 rounds of interviews, a written assignment, and deep reference checks
- We value everyone’s time hence we make it a point to communicate proactively at all stages of your application. You can always reach out to us for any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.