At Toddle, we help teachers do better what they do best – teach!
We do this by creating intuitive technology tools that empower teachers across all stages of teaching and learning. Our mission is to amplify teaching for 60 million K-12 educators globally and support them in delivering meaningful and personalised learning experiences.
Here are some key facts about us:
- Currently used by 1,200+ schools and 30,000+ teachers from 120 countries
- Net Revenue Retention >110%
- NPS > 70
- 100% product led growth fuelled by positive word of mouth
We are a diverse group of people (educators, engineers, designers) who have been fortunate to study at some of the best colleges – Stanford, Harvard, Brown, IITs. We have experience of working in companies such as McKinsey, Unilever, Sprinklr, Zomato, Bridge International Academies, and Teach for India. We also own and operate a network of progressive schools (www.todden.com); this gives us the opportunity to work in a tight loop with teachers and incorporate their feedback into the products and services we build. We are backed by leading VCs and Angel Investors.
Here’s what we love solving for
- Creating delightful experiences that help teaching teams collaborate better
& be more effective
- Building tools that help teachers personalise learning for their students
- Helping teachers around the world connect with each other meaningfully
We are at a pre-series A stage right now, growing fast in the SAAS Ed-tech space, and have been funded by Matrix, Beenext, and Better Capital among others.
Here’s what you’ll be doing
“Good design is as little design as Possible” – Dieter Rams
Design is one of Toddle’s core competencies and as a designer on the team, you’ll lead the way. Our designers are makers and storytellers. They envision how people experience our products and bring that vision to life in a way that feels inspired, refined and even magical.
The ideal person:
- Has an interest in designing for education and knows the difference between “good” and “great” and is able to work through team dynamics and timelines to deliver excellent design
- Is a design expert with deep understanding spanning digital, print, and experiential design
- Is obsessed with breaking new creative ground through crafting the best ideas in design
- Is optimistic and open to new ideas and ways of working
- Has a diverse portfolio that shows good aesthetic judgment and attention to detail
Is this someone that looks like you?
- 5+ years of experience in designing for brands, digital products and services
- Formal design training with an incredible eye for detail and obsessive appreciation for typography, design and layout
- Demonstrated mastery of the Adobe Creative Suite, Figma or similar design tools
- Excellent organisational, collaboration, and communication skills
- We deeply value building the right culture at Toddle, and these are a few things that we look for in each hire – coach-ability, curiosity, ownership and hustle
- High sense of accountability & ownership
- Strong team player and someone who derives great joy from efficient teamwork
- Humility, diligence and a willingness to learn new things – A Lifelong Learner
Within the first 3 months, you will
- Understand Toddle’s vision and brand identity
- Get a good end-to-end understanding of our creative development process, design language and design system
- Translate business and technical requirements into designs that are visually enticing and emotionally engaging
- Produce creative assets including templates, layouts, etc., for marketing activities across multiple channels. These include web, social media, events, and other activations
- Participate in design reviews and give feedback on other team members work in progress
Within six months you will
- Proactively look for opportunities to improve the design of our products
- Develop creative ideas and concepts, choosing the appropriate media and style to meet the business objectives within the constraints of cost and time
- Shape project strategy, process and goals. Think systemically and help create a pain free and seamless experience for the user.
- Be a tireless innovator with a pulse on the constantly changing design trends. You will help your team anticipate and adjust to new challenges and ensure constant innovation within.
- Design amazing resources for teachers, parents and students that are a delight to use (Check out https://learn.toddleapp.com/resources)
Within twelve months you will
- Lead the overall design vision that enhances our business goals across the company.
- Develop your own toolbox of processes and techniques to identify problems and generate creative solutions.
- Work on branding and defining design systems for marquee products developed by Toddle
- Mentor and coach team members and challenge them to perform at their best.
- Help to refine how we find and evaluate the best talent to join our team. Participate in the growth of the design team as a recruiter, interviewer, and hiring manager.
Excited about the role?
Here are some more benefits:
- Flexibility at work
- Work from anywhere – home, co-working space, cafe or even the hills
- Block “no-meeting hours” to enable uninterrupted focused work
- Saturdays are flexible non-working days – dedicate these as you like
- Exposure to diverse learning opportunities
- Work across different projects & teams to develop skills outside of your core expertise
- Access to a small budget towards learning (e.g. books, online courses, substacks)
- Industry best leave policy
We trust you fully on your commitment to our mission and your judgement on planning your time and taking leaves:
- No cap on the number of sick or casual leaves
- Special paid leaves for childbirth, wedding etc.
- And if in any circumstance you feel burnt out – there is a little something for this too!
- No bell curve performance evaluations
We put in a lot of work to hire the best, and therefore we don’t expect anyone to deliver less than the best!
- And yes, a super fun and diverse group of folks to collaborate and grow with
Still with us? Here’s the process:
- Complete the form on this page
- We’ll check out your application and assess it for a fit
- You will hear back from us within 2-3 days of the submission if shortlisted
- Once shortlisted, we usually do about 2-3 rounds of interviews, a written assignment, and deep reference checks
- We value everyone’s time hence we make it a point to communicate proactively at all stages of your application. You can always reach out to email@example.com for any questions